Saturday 30 May 2009

Goodbye Edinburgh

Will be leaving for the airport in about 6 hours time. Still wondering if I ought to get some sleep now, or to just stay up so I'll be able to doze off on the plane.

Spent a quiet evening having dinner, before heading off quite spontaneously to Holyrood Park. Walked along the Salisbury Craigs, and watched the sunset. It was simply breath-taking. Afterwards, I lay on the grass for a while just soaking in the cool evening air. Eventually, I pulled myself away and headed back to Pollock Halls.

A fitting end to an amazing exchange. I will really miss Edinburgh - 'tis a wonderful city.

This will probably be my last entry in Edinburgh. Next time you hear from me, I'll be on the other side of the world in Singapore.

Three years ago when I was a freshman at NUS, I never imagined I would actually make it all the way up North to Scotland. But it happened, and I'm glad it did.

Thanks to all who've been following and leaving comments on this blog. I hope you enjoyed reading about my journey in these past 5 months. See you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne, your blog has been outstanding. Wish i'd found it sooner cos it's an invaluable guide to the city both for visitors and people like me who've lived here all our lives.

    I'll be recommending a good read of the Tartan Travelogue to any friends coming for a visit.

    Well done and have a great time back home. Don't let al that monotonously hot weather get you down though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe journey and thanks for a great read. Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete